Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with keeping and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server run by a website hosting company. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a look at these. In this way, you can decide what you need, based on whether you'd like to run a website, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by particular web hosts, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions often involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a particular interval of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inaccurate explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would distribute the workload between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous webspace hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some corporations provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you want to share a large number of pics with buddies or partners since the service is usually free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to managing your mail aliases. Some providers provide web hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you want to possess an email address with your domain name but do not wish to own a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can set up electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have difficulty with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many videos as you would like without bothering about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to run a site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At WorldWiredWebHosting.com, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that enable you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting account may be better or worse compared to the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for specific web content only.